Author Topic: Do BolehVPN supports Online games?  (Read 11020 times)

firebreed

Do BolehVPN supports Online games?
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
Normally I use UK and/or US VPN for playing online games (Lord of the Ring Online, GuildWars, WoW, lots more) so that their server would think that I am residing in Europe or US (especially for LotR Europe, they only allow EU IP to access their game server. Bah.). The current VPN (from China) that I am subscribing at the moment is so so so so hard to connect to and easy to get disconnected.

How about BolehVPN?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:53:19 PM by Kitsuna »

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Online games?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 06:42:30 PM »
Well tunnelling games is a bit tricky and I don't think we are willing to offer support in this area especially when we're not a fully routed VPN.

Besides the Euro LOTR, I don't think there is any added benefit to tunnelling through as it adds latency and encryption to your connection which really isn't suitable for latency specific applications.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

firebreed

Re: Online games?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »
Oh I see. Well, I have to scout for others then. But I would like to say that I'm glad that the Support is tiptop from BolehVPN, and I'd most probably be coming back to subscribe. Goodluck!   ;)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Do BolehVPN supports Online games?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »
We do have a fully routed solution for this but VPNs offer very minimal if any benefit to improving game latency. VPN was never meant to be a solution for this. :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »
Some ppl have been using our service to play Tabula Rasa whose traffic has been classified as p2p rofl.

Co-Founder/Administrator

shaff

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 11:44:44 PM »
can i know if this vpc can make improve my gaming to eve-online ? since the server is based at london. withour any vpn, i will have constant disconnect from the game , so i looking for solution for that dc problem, thx

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »
nope u're on the 115.132 Streamyx IP range which is totally useless for most things.

Co-Founder/Administrator

yakumo

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
how about a game hosted on filipines? the game name is DekaronSEA , having problem with connection to that game overthere, on MY side there seem to be ping lost when the ping is 120+ but when 60+ no loss.

ill give you the ip for the server

202.57.111.1 (main)
202.57.111.4 (server1)(polaris)
202.57.111.5 (server2)(forgot,,)
202.57.111.6 (server3)(Eclipse)

if no loss at all and good latency guess ill subscribe for gaming only lol..

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
We don't recommend BolehVPN for gaming unfortunately.

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline chronolumina

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 09:14:32 PM »
Hello! I hope this is the right thread to ask. What about browser games? I'm playing Granblue Fantasy on Chrome, and I need to match the native Japanese players' speed in loading battles and getting through different menus quickly. Would BolehVPN help in this?

Offline carry

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 07:07:28 AM »
Well, for some time i play Dark Orbit thru the Fully Routed servers and works great for me  :)